- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Click the recipe card above to download a printable copy.
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, infusion jar, or other non-reactive container, combine:
- 1 pint sliced strawberries and 1 sliced very ripe banana with 14 fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 24 to 72 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain strawberries and banana from infused spirit using a fine mesh strainer. Press fruit to extract as much juice as possible.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Strawberry Banana Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of strawberry banana infused spirit with
- 6 fl oz of brown sugar simple syrup
- 7 fl oz of filtered water
- Pressing the fruit after straining is optional, and the resulting liquid you will get back out is dependent on a number of factors (including the type of fruit and the ripeness of the fruit used to infuse.) I choose to press my fruit in a colander using the back of a heavy bowl.
- The brown sugar simple syrup brings a deep caramel flavor to the final diluted infusion. Try diluting with regular simple syrup too.
- Get your bananas as ripe as possible before infusing. If time allows, I suggest purchasing the most ripe bananas from your local market, and allow them to sit around until they are about a day away from having to throw away. You may even need to trim the tips off of the fruit in an effort to get the middle of the banana to ripen up. Your patience will not go unnoticed.
- To help speed up the ripening process of your banana, put them in a loosely closed paper bag with a fresh whole (un-peeled) apple, tomato or pear. Each of these three other fruits naturally emmit ethylene gas as they ripen on the countertop. This ethylene gas will naturally speed up the ripening process of your bananas. FMI on this: WikiHow
- Sip neat or on the rocks & mixed club soda.
- Blend 2 oz infused vodka with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and 1 cup of ice cubes
- Tropical Sunset Cocktail: 2 parts infused vodka, 1 part pineapple juice, 1 tsp coconut cream, shaken strained into rocks glass over fresh ice, top with fresh club soda, garnish with a skewered strawberry.
Check out the pictures of my strawberry banana infusion from start to finish on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
Latest Infusion Pics