- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Click the recipe card above to download a printable copy.
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, or infusion jar, combine:
- 1 medium habanero chili and 2 medium Serrano chili peppers (including the seeds will result in more final heat) with 14fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 8 to 24 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain spicy pepper medley and seeds from infused spirit using a fine mesh strainer.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Spicy Pepper Medley Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of spicy pepper medley infused spirit with
- 13 fl oz of filtered water
- The chemical that makes hot peppers spicy, capsaicin, is very soluble in ethanol. For this reason, begin tasting your infusion after only a couple of hours, it’s possible the infusion is ready for drinking already!
- For more info on capsaicin (wiki)(google)(bing) .
- The seeds and whiter inner ribs of the peppers contain a higher concentration of heat than the pepper flesh. Incorporating the inner parts of your peppers will increase the heat contained in the final beverage. Try adding various amounts of seeds and ribs to find your ideal heat zone. Or add additional seeds and ribs from extra peppers for more raw heat.
- Try infusing with different varieties of peppers as they come into season to find you ideal spicy pepper medley mix
- There is no easy way to substitute fresh peppers for dried-and-ground peppers.
- Substitute in your favorite savory cocktails for an extra kick of flavor.
- Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe: Add 2 parts Spicy Pepper Infused Vodka with 3 parts bloody Mary mix, garnish with a oversized stalk of celery with leaves.
- Smoky Pepper Shaker Martini Recipe: Add 3 parts Spicy Pepper Infused Vodka with 1/2 part (2 splashes) Dry Vermouth, dash of liquid smoke. Shake well over ice, strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a pickle spear or pepperoncini pepper.
- Try diluting with a touch of sweet (try simple syrup or honey syrup).
Check out some pictures of my spicy Serrano and habanero pepper medley infusion on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
Latest Infusion Pics