- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, infusion jar, or other non-reactive container, combine:
- 2 stalks Rhubarb (sliced down the middle) and 1 oz of fresh ginger root (peeled and sliced) with 14 fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 24 to 72 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain rhubarb stalks and ginger root from infused spirit using a fine mesh strainer.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Rhubarb Ginger Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of rhubarb ginger infused spirit with
- 6 fl oz of simple syrup
- 7 fl oz of ginger ale
- Use fresh picked rhubarb if possible! Being able to pick when fresh (as opposed to ready to ship) means your rhubarb is packed with delicious flavor.
- If using store bought rhubarb, trip the top 10% and bottom 10% of the stalks. The remaining 80% of the stalks isn’t too green (the top) or too white (the root base) giving you the perfect balance of sweet-tart flavor.
- This combo (rhubarb+ginger) is technically a vegetable infusion. See wikipedia link below for explanation on why you might thing rhubarb is a fruit….
- Fresh rhubarb left on the counter (without submerging 1 end in water) will begin to get soft and wobbly. Putting 1 end in water will prevent this, but then your rhubarb will bring more water to your infusion. I would guess that naturally dehydrated rhubarb stalks will posses a more concentrated rhubarb flavor when infused, but this is a hypothesis I have yet to prove…
- FMI on Rhubarb –> Wikipedia Page
- FMI on fresh Ginger Root –> Wikipedia Page
- Sip neat or on the rocks and mixed with club soda.
- Garden Lemonade Cocktail Recipe: Combine 2 parts infused vodka, 3 parts lemonade, served in a gall glass filled with fresh ice, garnish with a lemon wheel.
- Summer Smash Cocktail: Muddle 1 fresh strawberry in rocks glass, fill with ice, add 2 parts infused vodka, top with ginger ale, garnish with a skewered strawberry
Check out the pictures of my rhubarb ginger infusion from start to finish on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
Latest Infusion Pics