- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Click the recipe card above to download a printable copy.
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, or infusion jar, combine:
- The zest (outer-most layer of the citrus skin) from 2 fresh pink (or ruby red) grapefruits with 14 fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 24 to 72 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain grapefruit zest from infused spirit using a fine mesh strainer.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Grapefruit Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of grapefruit infused spirit with
- 13 fl oz of filtered water
- Although tempting, avoid using any of the grapefruit juice in your infusion. I have found in my trials that adding grapefruit juice at this stage only dilutes the ABV of the infusing liquid, while also spoiling within only a couple days. I’m sure there is a straightforward answer as to why the juice of this citrus goes fowl, while lemon does not. If you know, please reach out. In the meantime, use only the zest for a long lasting and plenty-vibrant grapefruit final infused spirit.
- Try adding various levels of sweet to your final diluted infusion as well
- Try diluting with fresh squeezed grapefruit, or orange juice. Squeeze the juice as close to serving as possible. Fresh citrus doesn’t last very long outside of the fruit unless pasteurized and kept very chilled. Inside the fruit, however it will last for days on the kitchen table…
- Sip neat or on the rocks mixed with club soda.
- Bittersweet Symphony Martini Cocktail Recipe: Combine 2 parts grapefruit infused vodka with 1 part fresh pineapple juice, 1 tsp Amaro. Shake over ice and serve up with a skewered pineapple garnish.
- Fresh Salty Dog Cocktail Recipe: Prep: Salt rim of a rock’s glass and fill with fresh ice. Combine 2 parts grapefruit infused vodka with 1 part fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, lime wedge garnish.
- 22 Tickets to Paradise Martini Cocktail Recipe: In a shaker filled with fresh ice, combine 2 parts grapefruit infused vodka with 1 part coconut rum, 1/2 part triple sec, and splash of fresh pineapple juice. Shake hard to mix and aerate. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Finish with a light drizzle of grenadine, garnish with a skewered maraschino cherry.
Check out some pictures of my Grapefruit infusion on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
Latest Infusion Pics