- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Click the recipe card above to download a printable copy.
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, or infusion jar, combine:
- 2 oz muddled coffee beans and 0.5 oz of finely chopped 90% cacao chocolate with 14 fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 24 to 72 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain coffee and chocolate from infused spirit using a coffee filter.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Caffe Mocha Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of chocolate-coffee infused spirit with
- 7 fl oz of simple syrup
- 3 fl oz of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 3 fl oz of filtered Water
- Always begin with coffee in as close to the “bean stage” as possible. Muddling gently to crack open the whole bean is all that is necessary to increase the surface area of the coffee.
- If you choose to grind your coffee, do so as close to infusing as possible. I would recommend the most course grind your grinder will deliver. Grinding will greatly increase the speed of extraction, as well as the deepness of color of the final infusion. However, grinding the coffee too fine will surly extend the time required to filter, and usually results in a greater chance for making a mess.
- Try adjusting the variety of flavored whole bean coffee, the level of ‘sweet’, and the % cacao of your chocolate for different final infused spirit flavors.
- Maine Mudslide Martini: 1 part infused vodka, 1 part Bailey’s Irish Creme, Splash milk & shaken over ice.
- This infusion is a “true local” & fresh substitute for popular coffee liqueurs like Kahlua and Allen’s Coffee Brandy.
Check out some pictures of my Caffe Mocha infusion on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
Latest Infusion Pics