- Infused Vodka Recipes
- How To Order
- Infusing Picture Gallery
- Seasonal – Holiday
Click the recipe card above to download a printable copy.
Step 1 – Infuse:
- In a non-reactive container, like a glass mason jar, or infusion jar, combine:
- 16 to 20 black jelly beans with 14 fl oz of Twenty2 High Proof Spirit.
- Allow to sit for 24 to 72 hours at room temperature to infuse. Shaking occasionally is recommended, but not required.
- Strain black jelly beans from infused spirit using a fine mesh strainer.
- Collect the infused spirit in a fresh non-reactive container. Sealed tightly, your infused spirit should keep for 1- 2 months.
Step 2 – Dilute into Black Jelly Bean Infused Vodka
- Combine 12 fl oz of black jelly bean infused spirit with
- 13 fl oz of simple syrup
- I didn’t shake my infusion when I was experimenting with recipes, and the result was a very distinct layer where the High Proof Spirit did not reach. Up until now I really didn’t think shaking was absolutly necessary, however this infusion proofs that flavor potential can be lost if not shaken at least once while infusing.
- I decided to dilute with only simple syrup (vs simple syrup + filtered water). I choose this path because we are infusing candy, and candy is suppose to be sweet. Substitute water for some of the simple syrup if you are looking for more of a traditional vodka. Or, perhaps you don’t require any extra sweet for yours…only way to find out is to make some. ;-)
- This recipe would likely work for any flavor of jelly bean…
- A “true local” & fresh substitute for sambuca or anisette flavored liqueurs.
- Sip neat or on the rocks mixed with club soda.
- Black Magic Martini: equal parts infused vodka & Chambord, shaken over ice and served up.
- Le Deuce Deuce Cocktail: Tsp Raspberry puree, 1 part infused vodka, top off with extra dry Champagne.
Check out some pictures of my Black Jelly Bean infusion on Flickr:
Search Recipes and Technique
160 Proof. Designed for infusing.
What will YOU create?
Twenty 2 High Proof Spirit is true micro distilled in 50 gallon batches for superior neutrality. Bottled at 160 Proof, it is designed for creating vibrant infused vodkas and liqueurs. Proudly produced in Houlton, Maine, USA.